Monday, February 27, 2012

Journal #6

Many of my revision decisions came from the question, "Does this reflect the style of Hurston's?" Although not every element in my pastiche strongly reflects Hurston's writing, I tried to make them more obvious and include more. One major change I made was chronology. I decided to do what Hurston did and start with the present and tell the story of the past. My first rough draft did not do this. I also changed some of the actions of my character and altered the plot slightly. During the process, I also read the letter that my reader wrote to me in class and took into account some of the ideas. There were confusing things the reader found that I was able to make more clear. Overall the revision process was beneficial, but I feel like there is still much more to be done for my pastiche.

No comments:

Post a Comment